Sunday, December 04, 2011

What would you do for $10 Dollars?

One day back in June 2008, while looking out the window of our Beijing apartment, I spotted this guy cleaning windows on the 19th floor. If you look closely, you can see the owner of the apartment talking to the barefooted man. She actually pointed out the spots he had missed.


When I looked through my camera's telephoto lens, I discovered this guy was working without any form of safety harness or rope.


This brave daredevil spent the better part of an hour standing outside on an extremely narrow ledge.


Later, I asked my landlord how much it would cost to get our windows cleaned. She responded "70 rmb" (roughly 10 U.S. Dollars)!


Once again, what would you do to put food on the table
Would you risk your life?
Click on images to view in a new window.